Daily Writing Tools.
This page lists my tools for knowledge management, writing and planning my life to live more intentionally.
While I prefer to use traditional pen and paper to write my thoughts out, I mix it with digital tools to access my notes on the go. I think better when I write things down, preferably on paper, so it's usually the starting point for my workflow. I'll move whatever is relevant and needed into my digital tools for easier access.
- One-sentence journaling - Standard Memorandum Notebook.
- Habit Tracker and everyday carry - Nolty Gold with the regular-sized Traveler's Notebook as a cover. I use this to track and evaluate how I can implement habits better.
- Timeboxing, life planning and to-do list organization - I have been using Nolty Listy for several years. It's my favourite life planner.
- Creative journaling - Travelers Notebook.
- Daily writing - My everyday go-to is the Pilot Frixion in 0.5. The erasable ink is a win.
- Creative journaling - I use fountain pens. I have too many to mention, so I won't. 😂
- Daily journaling - Day One Journal App.
- Daily inbox, quick notes, idea dumping - Bear App.
- Filing cabinet & Personal Knowledge Management - Evernote.
- Read-It-Later - Instapaper.
- Twitter scheduling tool - Hypefury.
- Long-form writing - Currently experimenting with Ulysses.
- Knowledge management sharing platform(s) - Twitter is my preferred platform to write daily, Ghost is my home base for publishing personal essays, and currently fooling around with Medium as a platform to distribute.
- Mobile - I carry two mobile phones: the Samsung Z Fold4, used mainly for work, which I usually try not to use or check on after 6 pm on weekdays and most weekends. I also have an iPhone 13 for personal use.
- Reading - I prefer reading physical books for non-fiction and e-books for fiction. I used to carry the Kindle around to read on the go. However, since I started using the Samsung Z Fold4, I mostly read using the Kindle app on the device. Now, I use the Kindle device more for nighttime reading.
- Main Device - Macbook Pro.
- Tablet - iPad Air.
- Note-taking- Boox Note Air 2 Plus/Boox Nova Air2. I use this primarily for work.